Friday, June 28, 2013

Where Everything Changes

Hello Everyone! 


I am just returning after the first camp of the summer!

                                 WHAT. A. BLAST.

I can only hope to tell you all of the amazing things that I have learned through this first experience in being 'behind the scenes' at camp. Since I am one of four interns at this camp, I had a specific job which was running back ground checks and taking care of all the resources at this camp. Slightly stressful when things didn't go smoothly, but I met A LOT of people. 
Connections are one of the greatest gifts that we have been given. Think About It: The connections that you make with people throughout your youth, adult ages, and so-on are what sets you up for your career, school, VIP passes to concerts, one-on-one interviews with some big named people; it sets you up to succeed a little bit easier in life. 


The connections that I made when I was a senior in High School is what landed me this internship. Without making the connection with the Camp Director, and making my name known and trustworthy I wouldn't have been offered this opportunity. Cool, huh? You should try it. Go out of your comfort zone and put your name out there. My friend Natalie did that in her Mary Kay business and now she is making over 60k a year... not to mention that she is 20 years old.

YFCamp is a huge connection that I made right from the start. God has been guiding me since day one on this connection journey through YFC. My mother began working for YFC in 2010, which was the year that I blew out my knee by being too competative at my first ever YFCamp. Through that messy injury, I met the person that was going to offer me this internship 3 years down the road. Pretty neat!

I want you to understand how great it is to step out of your boundaries every once in a while and not underestimate yourself. It's a new, thrilling, and exciting experience that you could have! You are the only person holding you back. 










 Take a chance.

Jump in with both feet.

Take a step of faith.        
  
and see 
where everything could change for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment